the case of Thunder / Lightning
• In the case of thunder / lightning
members in the natatorium will be cleared from the Pool and Deck areas.
• We recommend that members do not use the showers during a thunder
• The Pool Complex will close for 30 minutes after each sound
of thunder or sighting of lightning.
• If a Swim Lesson or other Aquatic Program is canceled due to
thunder & lightning, inclement weather, or forces out of our control
we will do our best
to schedule a makeup date for that program.
• The Waldo County YMCA does not offer pro-rating or discounted
rates if a program is cancelled or a makeup date is unavailable due
to circumstances out of our control. It is always the intention of the
Waldo County YMCA to provide our members & participants with exceptional
service and programming. Our Staff will do what it can in each case
to schedule a makeup date where available, though a makeup date is not
• A member of the Aquatics staff will contact you in writing or
by phone if a make-up class is applicable to your program. Please help
us communicate effectively by keeping your membership and contact information
up to date.